Creating a holiday menu that is easy to make and will taste great is not easy. Keeping it healthy adds to the challenge. We have some all-time favourites, including delicious crepes that are not time-consuming to prepare, and will impress your guests too.
7 Delicious, Healthy Holiday Party Foods
- Bruschetta: A classic Italian favourite, Bruschetta can be dressed up for any occasion. It is also one of the easiest party foods to prepare. Simply top slices of Italian bread (toasted if you like) with a generous serving of tomatoes (get different colours) mixed in olive oil, garlic and basil. Considered superfoods, tomatoes and olive oil amplify each other’s health benefits when paired in your delicious Bruschetta.
- Shrimp Cocktail: Whether you are hosting a large gathering or a family sit-down dinner, this appetizer is a party favourite. Easy to make and relatively low-fat compared to other entrees, you can wow your guests with stylish presentations. Serve them in individual cocktail glasses or spread over a platter of greens and lemon wedges. Select your cocktail sauce carefully as many bottled versions contain high amounts of sugar and salt. Choose salsa for a healthier option.
- Fried Chickpeas with Sage: Looking to try something new? Crunchy fried chickpeas dusted with paprika make a scrumptious alternative to nuts. Fry sage leaves till crisp and set aside. Then fry chickpeas in the same oil till crunchy. Place on a tray lined with paper towels to drain excess oil and dust with smoked paprika. Garnish with fried sage leaves.
- Vegetables and Dip: A colourful platter of assorted veggies is a healthy snack to munch on as you mingle with guests. Cut and place broccoli, plum tomatoes, coloured mixed peppers, cucumber, carrots, celery, and any other vegetables you like in festive arrangements like a wreath or a Christmas tree. You can indulge in the ranch dip so long as you don’t smother the vegetables in it!
- Deviled Ham Sandwiches: Homemade Deviled Ham Sandwiches are delicious and can be low-fat too. Combine chunks of cooked ham with mustard, hot pepper sauce and light mayonnaise in a blender. Mix in some relish if you like. Choose whole grain bread and apply a generous layer of the ham mixture.
- Wild Rice, Pecan and Cranberry Salad: Tired of greens? This scrumptious salad is the perfect accompaniment to many winter dishes and can even make a delicious weekday dinner. Cook rice according to the instructions on the package and cool. Mix in pecans, parsley and cranberries. Then add the vinaigrette and chill for a tasty meal.
- Sweet and Savoury Holiday Crepes: Served hot or cold, sweet or savoury, delicious crepes are a huge hit with people of all ages. If you are looking to do something different, why not have a crepe party? While preparation time varies depending on how elaborate you want to crepes to be, our crepe catering service will take it up a notch while saving you tons of effort and stress. Select festive toppings and fillings or add festive decorations to create the holiday atmosphere.
World-Class Holiday Catering from Crepe Delicious
Whether you need office party catering or a unique menu for your family holiday gathering, at Crepe Delicious we have you covered. An extensive menu of sweet and savoury crepes provides a variety of lip-smacking options for diverse tastes. For breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert, we offer healthy choices made with the freshest and finest ingredients. Our experienced crepe chefs will take care of everything with a lovely crepe bar at your event.
At Crepe Delicious, you can find exciting holiday crepes on our menu. To learn more about our crepe catering services, visit a location near you.