Crepes are much more than a cousin of pancakes. They are versatile and can be served for any meal whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, or some time in between. Since people have become health-conscious, fast food restaurants have begun to use this to their advantage by including healthy options such as crepes on their menu. If you’re looking for healthy take-out food, browse fast food places near you that have crepes in their menu.
5 Ingredients to Make A Healthy Crepe Filling
Here are our top ingredient choices to have a delicious and healthy meal:
- Poppy Seeds
We often consume poppy seeds with muffins and bagels, so why not add them to your crepes as well? When you use them in a recipe, they give a slightly nutty flavour that creates a perfect balance in a sweet crepe. Pair it with fruit toppings for a delicious treat.
If you are a fan of citrusy desserts such as lemon cake and lemon pie, try adding some lemon to your crepe recipe. Make a tower of chilled crepes stacked with lemon filling and pastry cream, garnish it with powdered sugar and top it with slices of lemon to get a delicious treat.
Matcha powder is rich in antioxidants and packs several health benefits such as regulating blood sugar levels and boosting your metabolism. It is an easy way to make your crepes healthy and tasty. If you are looking to give crepes an added benefit, matcha is a perfect choice. It has a mild flavour which can be balanced with a topping of berries and whipped cream.
- Edible Flowers
Flowers can do more than just look pretty. Since not all of them are edible, be sure you choose them with care to be sure your dish is attractive and safe. You could select any of the following:
- Pansies – They have antimicrobial properties which means they can help with a myriad of health issues such as asthma, skin problems, arthritis, and high blood pressure.
- Lavender – In addition to containing Vitamin A which is essential for keeping your skin and eyes healthy, lavender also has important nutrients such as iron and calcium.
- Rose – Rose petals are rich in antioxidants and vitamins and can help combat problems such as constipation, indigestion, headache, and stress.
- Chamomile – It is loaded with antioxidants and has calming properties that can help with digestion and better sleep.
- Dandelions – They are often used to treat stomach issues, eating problems, joint pain, and constipation.
- Mushrooms & Spinach
Individually, mushrooms and spinach are known for a variety of health benefits such as improving eyesight, maintaining bone health, keeping cells strong, treating high cholesterol levels, diabetes, and more. The mixture of spinach and mushroom is perfect for a healthy savoury crepe and a great way to enhance your everyday diet.
Visit Our Creperie For Healthy Crepes
Crepe Delicious is a popular creperie committed to leading the emergence of healthy fast food restaurants. We have a wide selection of savoury and sweet crepes that are healthy and tasty. If you are craving crepes, all you need to do is search for the nearest location and come in to see what you like. We also have a breakfast menu to start your day with a smile!
Also Read: Healthy Fillings for Dinner Crepes