Breakfast is an important meal to start your day with, as it reduces the urge to overeat during the day, helps to boost your metabolism, improves your ability to concentrate, and maintain healthy body weight. Fast food restaurants have realized this, which is why you can find a variety of places offering nutritious and delicious choices for a balanced breakfast.
To ensure you are getting the most out of your morning meal, make sure to follow these breakfast tips:
1. Eat Breakfast Early
Have your breakfast within an hour of getting up, as it helps to keep your blood sugar level stable during the rest of the day. If you are not used to eating early, keep it light by opting for choices such as healthy breakfast crepes with delicious filling, instant porridge and yogurt with nuts, fruits, or seeds.
2. Stay Hydrated
To avoid dehydration, you must include a drink with your food in the morning. Usually, people mistake dehydration for hunger and end up overeating. To prevent this from happening, have a glass of fruit juice or water in the morning without fail.
3. Combine Carbohydrates with Protein
Since proteins take more time to digest, including protein-rich foods ensures not only proper digestion but also decreases the likelihood of having an unhealthy mid-day snack. These foods can include eggs, cottage cheese, milk, nuts, yogurt, and lean meat such as bacon and fish, particularly salmon and kippers. Combine these with cereals, oats, or bread which have carbohydrates.
4. Include Fruits and Vegetables
If you believe in eating a balanced breakfast, instead of having fruits and vegetables separately, you can add them to dishes such as crepes. Here are a few choices of fillings for sweet and savoury crepes for breakfast:
- Bananas and berries
- Bacon and broccoli
- Cottage cheese and pineapple
- Strawberry, banana, and nuts
- Apple and cinnamon
5. Include Different Meal Options
Keep replacing parts of your morning meal with different choices instead of eating the same foods for days. It will help you have a balanced breakfast and get enough of each nutrient.
Healthy Breakfast Tips for Children
It is important to teach your children good breakfast habits from a young age. Food items such as cereals, fruits, and milk are essential for a healthy balanced diet because they provide nutrients that are less likely to be made up later during the day. Here are a few tips to make healthy morning meals for your kids:
- A mixture of wholemeal and white bread is best to balance their energy requirement and fibre content in the food.
- Make sure to check the labels of breakfast cereals and select those that contain less sugar and salt.
- Look for breakfast cereals that contain nutrients such as vitamin B, iron, and vitamin D to boost children’s intake.
- Instead of adding sugar to cereals, make use of dried fruits or honey for sweetness. You could also add nuts for crunchiness.
- Include milk and dairy products such as yogurt and cottage cheese because they contain calcium which is essential for the development of healthy bones and teeth.
- You can include fruit juices and smoothies made from fresh fruits to keep them hydrated.
Choose Crepe Delicious for Healthy Breakfast Crepes
At Crepe Delicious, we have a wide selection of healthy and delicious breakfast options in the form of sweet and savoury crepes made from fresh and flavourful ingredients. To start your day on a good note, all you need to do is visit a location near you, browse through our healthy fast food breakfast options, and see what you like!